The Business Systems Analyst supporting Product Management interacts with stakeholders to determine requirements for system creation, enhancement, and process improvement. This role will act as a liaison between business users and Software Development staff to produce the artifacts necessary for communicating business and system requirements and development specifications.
- Be the liaison between business teams and technical teams. Collaborate with developers, development managers, product managers, other business systems analysts, subject matter experts, and senior and executive management to establish the business and technical vision, impact analysis, and analyze trade-offs between various needs.
- Drive and challenge business owners, product managers, and subject matter experts on their assumptions and how their proposed business requirements will successfully meet their business goals while identifying potential solutions to business problems by applying technical and non-technical analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Document “as-is process” and “to-be process” by proactively communicating and collaborating with business users. Deliver the applicable artifacts as needed (e.g., functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), use cases, GUI, screen and interface designs).
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, storyboarding and requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis. Provide leadership for tactical implementation of technical and business strategy.
- Aid in the development of training materials and other required user documentation.
- Support efforts to determine if proposed business application enhancements and/or modifications meet logical cost benefit analysis standards, while considering legislative and other business requirements.
- Support the project manager, development manager, and other software management in the management of the project or development team efforts. This could include: creation of project vision, working with the business to identify and estimate their tasks, track issues, support development of test plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in business systems analysis and business systems strategy.