LOCATION IS WEST LOS ANGELES-NEAR THE BORDER WITH SANTA MONICA
THIS IS A REGULAR FULL TIME ROLE
US CITIZENS AND GREEN CARD HOLDERS ONLY
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
ALL WORK IS ON-SITE; NO REMOTE OR TELECOMMUTE
Will be primarily responsible for managing and supporting the firm’s data centers and the production storage. Responsibilities include supporting and maintaining the data center environments, clusters, servers, backups, disaster recovery and SANs. Additional responsibilities include assisting in integrating, implementing, and supporting all disk storage technologies, including SAN, NAS, and Direct Attached Storage; supporting all aspects of the Enterprise Backup solution used on all Corporate Servers to backup and restore data. This includes selection of tape drives along with tape media, and tape silos / libraries and the use of third party software products like NSI DoubleTake, and CommVault’s Galaxy. Participate as an integral part of the company’s Business Recovery strategy as well.
Responsible for making capacity allocation recommendations for departments or projects. Communicating with team members to determine appropriate capacity requirements.
Develop, implement, and support back-up and recovery strategies.
Monitor, and evaluate capacity usage for performance and capacity analysis and trending.
Assist in server and application rollouts.
Skill Sets Required:
- Brocade switch zoning and configuration
- Knowledge of multiple backup and recovery technologies & Advanced Disk Functions (Cloning, Snapshots, Virtualization)
- Advanced disk subsystem configuration (Raid level implementations & LUN Configurations)
- Backup software server installation
- Working knowledge of Windows, Windows Clusters and Linux Red Hat (optional)
- Working knowledge of HP 3Par
- Working knowledge of NetApp FAS and Data OnTap software.
- Working knowledge of CommVault Galaxy.
- File system creation and modifications
- Working knowledge of multi-pathing software
- Advanced performance analysis of disk subsystems
- Understanding components of SAN attached storage to include device drivers, microcode levels, fiber adapters
- Work with different hardware and software vendors to determine solutions