SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER-WOODLAND HILLS, CA.
Responsible for managing technical projects moving through the software development life cycle (SDLC) from initial requirements through to general release. This includes direct management of all tasks and people working to deliver the agreed-upon scope while maintaining quality and budget goals. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering. The Senior Project Manager will evangelize project management processes, best practices and tools and function as a gatekeeper responsible for leading cross-functional technical teams both on-shore and off-shore for technical projects of varying size, complexity and urgency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives projects through the requirements, design, development, testing and release phases of the project lifecycle, closely coordinating with all appropriate technical, business and operational stakeholders.
- Coordinates with business and technical leads to understand all aspects of product requirements.
- Validates the estimates provided by Technology resources.
- Develops, manages and maintains detailed project schedules, working closely with the involved departments; ensures that all deliverables are accounted for and completed on time.
- Coordinates plans for testing and release, including QA, UAT and regression testing and tracks the project through the QA cycle to ensure adherence to plans.
- Communicates effectively with various departments and staff at all levels to keep the company apprised of project status, ensuring cohesiveness, clarity and efficiency.
- Identifies and addresses project interdependencies, risks and issues; resolves conflicts and plans optimal delivery sequences for projects.
- Manages multiple, often large, projects of different priorities that may have business dependencies.
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more Engineering teams, while also helping prioritize requests from multiple stakeholders
- Lead global and local Engineering teams and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Identifies opportunities for and contributes to project management process improvements.
- Evangelizes PMO best practices to help streamline Technology’s processes.
- Implement and represent client policy enthusiastically
- Represent client professionally and ethically to internal and external stakeholders
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering field preferred
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- PMP certification is required
- Proven record of working with business and Engineering leadership to improve delivery
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with off-shore team is required
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a proven track record of delivery
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive improvements
- Expert level knowledge of software project management methodologies and tracking/reporting tools (eg. JIRA, Greenhopper, MS-Project, Smartsheet)
- Proficiency in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
For qualifying employees, benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending program, 401K, earned paid vacation, sick and holiday pay, educational assistance program and corporate discount programs.