SQL Server DBA
This is a MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with development and engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This MS SQL Server DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time
- At least two years of experience supporting MS SQL Server technologies. SDLC experience is important as the individual will be asked to assist developers with our in-house developed Practice Management System.
- Experience with data replication and mirroring technologies and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 experience is a big plus.
- Technologies and skills: MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and TFS.
- Database design and implementation experience – OLTP and OLAP database schema design, stored procedures, XML, FileStream, FileTables, etc.
- Experience in developing reports using Business Intelligence tools (e.g. SSRS, Crystal Reports.)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, or related Engineering discipline or years of experience.
- Business domain knowledge and experience in healthcare (nice to have).
- DB administration experience – Managing geographically dispersed databases. Database monitoring. Database setup, configurations, and tuning, Hot/Cold backup and recovery, etc.
- DB administrative tools: including SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, etc.
- Disaster recovery – Active/Active, warm standby, other DR setups.
- Knowledge of various regulations, e.g. SOX, PCI. (nice to have)
Further, the ideal candidate will be a true team player with a commitment to success, and will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Your excellent communication skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills will be greatly appreciated.