Our client’s Engineering Team builds high-scale, web and mobile e-commerce applications that run non-stop around the globe. They work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems.
As part of their Los Angeles R&D team, you’ll use a variety of technologies and development practices to build robust and scalable platforms. It helps if you know the common architecture of a distributed system and be able to build one, scale it up and fix any performance, scalability and reliability issues.
- Various backend services to support billions of page views for hundreds of millions of unique users generating terabytes of data each day
- Develop models, algorithms and serving infrastructure to support large-scale data-mining and machine learning systems
- You will work closely with our Product team to reach optimal technology solutions
- Drive the performance of backend applications for realtime processing of data
- BS/Master in computer science or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience writing Java code
- Strong understanding on database concepts
- Experience with any of the following: Python, Scala, Spring Framework, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Google Big Query, Cassandra
- You should have experience with version control systems such as Git, CVS or Subversion
- Good understanding of backend integration concepts and technologies such as web services, messaging, ESB and securities
- Proficient at dealing with data and comfortable writing data manipulation applications
- You should have strong analytical skills analyzing data and building models and algorithms