Examples of Key Duties: (Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual assignment.)
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
- Install, configure and administer systems or applications used for Hospital or Office use and support.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and documentation.
- Administer, update and maintain the VMWare environment
- Research new products and technologies to improve IT Services. ¬ Work with vendors to develop/maintain standards of performance and up-time.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Develop, modify, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot existing systems. ¬
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide all levels of support per request from various departments. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments or users.
- Apply OS and application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Use system administration tools for application distribution, asset management, and desktop support as needed.
- Provide assistance to end users, optimizing systems operations, ensuring compliance with Licensing agreements, security requirements and system accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment that requires one to be a self-starter, customer focused and willing to explore “best practices” in the industry.
- B.S. in computer science or related field and/or experience in lieu of degree
- Two to three years of similar experience
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, VShere, HyperV and Backup software
- Windows Server (2008/2012) security skills, server, desktop and network hardware configurations
- Current experience in Infrastructure and Enterprise environments
- Experienced in executing sound judgment to plan and execute goals
- Analytical/prioritization and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and organization skills
- Manage multiple projects; both short and long term
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with employees ranging from general staff to senior management.
- Ability to work independently, make good use of time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge and experience in hardware/server maintenance
- Must be able to travel when needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
*Difference between I and II is years of experience and expertise